250 g olive oil (or sunflower oil)
250 g eggs*
250 g pastry flour or all-purpose flour
250 g sugar
lemon zest grated of one large lemon
1. Preheat the oven to 180 °C (350 ° F). Grease or line mini muffin pan.
2. Whisk the eggs. Gradually add the sugar whisking constantly until you obtain smooth batter.
3. Continue whisking, gradually pouring the olive oil in.
4. Fold in lemon zest and sifted flour.
5. Spoon into prepared muffin pan.
6. Bake for 20 to 35 minutes (the time will vary depending on the size of pan you're using).
* you'll need about 4 extra large eggs in this recipe. Weight the eggs with their shells.
Original entry: http://forthebodyandsoul.blogspot.com/2009/03/magdalenas.html
Copyright © 2009 For the Body and Soul. All rights reserved.