FOR THE CRUST*
125 g all –purpose or pastry flour
15 g cocoa
35 g caster sugar
pinch of salt
80 g cold unsalted butter, cut into cubes
1 large egg yolk
about 2 tbsp iced water
FOR THE MASCARPONE CREAM:
200 ml heavy cream
3 tbsp icing sugar
225 g mascarpone
FOR THE RASPBERRIES IN SYRUP:
250 g raspberries (frozen are fine)
40 g sugar
2 tbsp water
FOR THE TOPPING:
200 g fresh raspberries
1. Grease the tartlets pans.
2. Place the flour, cocoa, sugar, salt and butter in a food processor. Pulse until the mixture looks crumbly. While the motor is running, add egg yolk and water, spoon by spoon to form smooth dough. Transfer to a flat surface and knead slightly to form a ball.
3. Divide the dough into six equal pieces. Roll out each piece on a lightly floured surface. Line up the tartlets pans.
4. Place a piece of parchment paper over each tartlet and fill with baking weights or uncooked peas or beans. Refrigerate overnight (or at least 3 hours).
5. Preheat the oven to 190°C (370°F)
6. Put the tartlets straight from the fridge to the oven. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven, remove the parchment paper and weights. Return to the oven and bake for 5 minutes more, or until the dough feels completely baked. Leave to cool for about 5 minutes, unmold and leave to cool completely.
7. In the meantime prepare the raspberries in syrup. Place the sugar, water, and lemon juice in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil stirring until the sugar dissolves. Boil for 3-4 minutes, reduce the heat and add 250 g of raspberries. Simmer for about 3 minutes or until syrup forms. Set aside to cool completely.
8. Prepare the cream. Whip the cream with the sugar. Fold in mascarpone.
9. Spoon the cream onto the pastry cases. Just before serving, top with a few fresh raspberries + some raspberries from the syrup. Drizzle with more syrup. Serve immediately.
*prepare one day in advance to chill properly.
Source of the recipe: inspirade by pictures and recipes on La Tartine Gourmande food blog.
Original entry: http://forthebodyandsoul.blogspot.com/2009/02/chocolate-and-raspberry-tartlets.html
Copyright © 2009 For the Body and Soul. All rights reserved.